Last Modified: October 1, 2018
DeadorAlive is a fast and convenient way to send your photos for professional editing. When you use this service—and any other we in the Incode Technologies Inc. corporate family roll out, whether in the DeadorAlive app or elsewhere—you’ll share some information with us. We get that that can affect your privacy. So we want to be upfront about the information we collect, how we use it, whom we share it with, and the choices we give you to control, access, and update your information.
Information We Collect
There are three basic categories of information we collect:
• Information you choose to give us.
• Information we get when you use our services.
• Information we get from third parties.
Here’s a little more detail on each of these categories.
Information You Choose to Give Us
When you interact with our services, we collect the information that you choose to share with us. For example, most of our services require you to set up a basic DeadorAlive account, so we need to collect a few important details about you, such as: an email address, a phone number, and your date of birth. To make it easier for others to find you, we may also ask you to provide us with some additional information that will be publicly visible on our services, such as profile pictures, a name, or other useful identifying information. Other services, such as commerce products, may also require you to provide us with a debit or credit card number and its associated account information.
Of course, you’ll also provide us whatever information you send through the services, such as your photos on all the platforms you use and/or store them. Keep in mind that even though we encourage our artists to not save a copy of the content that is sent to them, there is always a possibility that the artists can save that content or copy it outside the app.
It probably goes without saying, but we’ll say it anyway: When you contact DeadorAlive Support or communicate with us in any other way, we’ll collect whatever information you volunteer.
Information We Get When You Use Our Services
When you use our services, we collect information about which of those services you’ve used and how you’ve used them. We might know, for instance, that you sent an order, specific number of pictures, the specific pictures sent, the order time, and other things. Here’s a fuller explanation of the types of information we collect when you use our services:
• Usage Information. We collect information about all and every activity through our services.
• Content Information. We collect information about the content you provide, such as if the artist has received the content for editing and the metadata that is provided with the content.
• Device Information. We collect device-specific information, such as the hardware model, operating system version, advertising identifier, unique application identifiers, unique device identifiers, browser type, language, wireless network, and mobile network information (including the mobile phone number).
• Device Phonebook. Because DeadorAlive is all about communicating with friends, we may—with your consent—collect information from your device’s phonebook.
• Camera and Photos. Many of our services require us to collect images and other information from your device’s camera and photos. This also includes collecting photos of you, your tags, your friend’s photos from Facebook and other data if and when required.
• Location Information. When you use our services we may collect information about your location. With your consent, we may also collect information about your precise location using methods that include GPS, wireless networks, cell towers, Wi-Fi access points, and other sensors, such as gyroscopes, accelerometers, and compasses.
Information We Collect from Third Parties
We may collect information that other users provide about you when they use our services. For example, if another user allows us to collect information from their device phonebook—and you’re one of that user’s contacts—we may combine the information we collect from that user’s phonebook with other information we have collected about you. We may also obtain information from other companies that are owned or operated by us, or any other third-party sources, and combine that with the information we collect through our services.
How We Use Information
What do we do with the information we collect? The short answer is: Provide you with an amazing set of products and services that we relentlessly improve. Here are some of the ways we do that:
• develop, operate, improve, deliver, maintain, and protect our products and services.
• send you communications, including by email. For example, we may use email to respond to support inquiries or to share information about our products, services, and promotional offers that we think may interest you.
• monitor and analyze trends and usage.
• personalize the services by, among other things, suggesting friends or profile information, or customizing the content we show you, including ads.
• improve ad targeting and measurement, including through the use of your precise location data.
• enhance the safety and security of our products and services.
• verify your identity and prevent fraud or other unauthorized or illegal activity.
• use information we’ve collected from cookies and other technology to enhance the services and your experience with them.
• enforce our Terms of Service and other usage policies.
We may also store some information locally on your device. For example, we may store information as local cache so that you can open the app and view content faster.
• With our affiliates. We may share information with entities within the Incode Technologies Inc. family of companies.
• With third parties. We may share your information with the following third parties:
◦ With service providers, sellers, and partners. We may share information about you with service providers who perform services on our behalf, sellers that provide goods through our services, and business partners that provide services and functionality.
◦ With third parties for legal reasons. We may share information about you if we reasonably believe that disclosing the information is needed to:
▪ comply with any valid legal process, governmental request, or applicable law, rule, or regulation.
▪ investigate, remedy, or enforce potential Terms of Service violations.
▪ protect the rights, property, and safety of us, our users, or others.
▪ detect and resolve any fraud or security concerns.
◦ With third parties as part of a merger or acquisition. If Incode Technologies Inc. gets involved in a merger, asset sale, financing, liquidation or bankruptcy, or acquisition of all or some portion of our business to another company, we may share your information with that company before and after the transaction closes.
We may also share with third parties—such as advertisers—aggregated, non-personally identifiable, or de-identified information.
Third-Party Content and Integrations
The services may also contain third-party links and search results, include third-party integrations, or offer a co-branded or third-party-branded service. Through these links, third-party integrations, and co-branded or third-party-branded services, you may be providing information (including personal information) directly to the third party, us, or both. You acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for how those third parties collect or use your information. As always, we encourage you to review the privacy policies of every third-party website or service that you visit or use, including those third parties you interact with through our services.
Analytics and Advertising Services Provided by Others
Additionally, some companies may use information collected on our services to deliver targeted advertisements on behalf of us or other companies, including on third-party websites and apps.
Users Outside the United States
Although we welcome DeadorAlive’ers from all over the world, keep in mind that no matter where you live or where you happen to use our services, your information may be shared within the Incode Technologies Inc. family of companies. This means that we may collect your personal information from, transfer it to, and store and process it in the United States and other countries outside of where you live.
Our services are not intended for—and we don’t direct them to—anyone under 13. And that’s why we do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under 13.